November 15, 2012
The Critically Acclaimed, Award Winning Series Makes it’s World-wide Debut in January 2013!
THE STANDARD #1 (of 6)PRICE: 3.99
DIAMOND ID: NOV121047 F STANDARD #1 (OF 6) (MR)
RATING: Teen + Up
FORMAT: 32 pages, color (1 of 6 mini-series)
WRITER: John Lees
ARTIST: Jonathan Rector
COLORISTS: Ray Dillon, Mo James
LETTERER: Kel Nuttall
EDITOR: Steven Forbes
COPYRIGHT INFO: © John Lees
THE STANDARD is the story of two different men from two different eras who share the same heroic legacy. In the past, The Standard was the world’s greatest superhero. Today, he is a celebrity with his own reality TV show. But when a catastrophic event brings the two generations into collision, The Standard is forced to ask if superheroes still have a place in today’s cynical world. THE STANDARD is a six-part superhero miniseries written by John Lees and drawn by Jonathan Rector.
ORDER THE STANDARD #1 FROM YOUR LOCAL RETAILER!
Get THE STANDARD #1 from your local comic shop! Find a comic shop near you!
Diamond ID: NOV121047
Step One: Click to download this THE STANDARD #1 Pre-Order Form!
Step Two: Print it out on your laser or inkjet printer! That’s right, kill evil trees…USE PAPER!
Step Three: Locate your nearest comic shop! (Use this comic shop locator if need be!)
Step Four: Hand the Pre-Order Form to the retailer!
Step Five: Return to the shop in January and pick up THE STANDARD #1!
ComixTribe is a publisher of creator-owned comics, including SCAM, The Red Ten, The Standard, and more. In addition to being a publishing imprint, ComixTribe is also an online community, with the mission statement: Creators helping creators make better comics. ComixTribe also sponsors the annual 30 Characters Challenge, an online art event where participants challenge themselves to create 30 brand new characters in just 30 days, one for every day of November. Visit ComixTribe.com or email publisher Tyler James (email@example.com) to learn more.
May 10, 2011
It’s time for one final reminder! Tomorrow, the first issue of The Standard goes on sale digitally, published by ComixTribe. The Standard is a 6-issue comic book miniseries, each chapter 28 pages long. The comic will be released first digitally, then become available in print in the coming weeks. But I’ll go over the various ways you can get a hold of the book now:
- The comic will be released digitally through Graphic.ly, DriveThruComics, Wowio, MyDigitalComics, Iverse and Oxicomics, priced at $1.99. Depending on upload times, the book may not be available from all outlets tomorrow, but I’ll keep you updated on any delayed releases. I can say for a fact that the comic will definitely be available on Wowio tomorrow.
- For readers who prefer to read printed comics, The Standard #1 will also be available to purchase on IndyPlanet for $3.99, hopefully as soon as next week.
- Readers in the Glasgow area should also be able to pick up the first issue at local comic shops at some point in late May/early June. Right now, it seems like you’ll be able to buy the comic in Forbidden Planet, A1 Comics and Plan B Books. More information as it becomes available.
I’ve had a blast writing this blog and taking you into The Standard’s world these past couple of months. Thank you to everyone who’s been reading. The blog is going to keep on running past the release of The Standard #1, so keep on visiting. We have plenty more treats in store!
Be sure to come back to the blog tomorrow to buy the comic. For now, here’s an extended 7-page preview, putting together all the pages of the comic that have been showcased on the blog so far. The Standard #1 is written by me, John Lees, pencilled and inked by Jonathan Rector, colored by Ray Dillon and Mo James, lettered by Kel Nuttall, and edited by Steven Forbes.
April 23, 2011
With The Standard #1 available for sale on Wednesday, we’re now in the final stretch. So, as a final teaser, here are the opening five pages of the first issue for your viewing pleasure! Like the credits say, I – John Lees – am the writer, Jonathan Rector is the artist, colors are provided by the team of Ray Dillon and Mo James, and Kel Nuttall gives us the letters. Take a look:
March 30, 2011
On April 27th, the first issue of The Standard goes on sale, published by Comix Tribe. The Standard is a 6-issue comic book miniseries, each chapter 28 pages long. There will be several ways to get a hold of the first issue:
- The comic will be released digitally through Graphic.ly, DriveThruComics, Wowio, MyDigitalComics, Iverse and Oxicomics, priced at $1.99.
- For readers who prefer to read printed comics, The Standard #1 will also be available to purchase on IndyPlanet for $3.99.
- Readers in the Glasgow area should also be able to pick up the first issue at local comic shops at some point in May. More details as they become available.
If you’ve been following the blog, I hope you can show your support and pick up the comic next month. But until then, there is still plenty of material coming up on the blog. Tomorrow we’ll be digging into the archives, looking at a newspaper article from a pivotal moment in the history of The Standard, and on Friday we’ll be examining how Alex Thomas turned The Standard from superhero to celebrity.
For now, I leave you with a black-and-white sneak peek at one page – as drawn by Jonathan Rector and lettered by Kel Nuttall – from The Standard #1, available April 27th!